When your tooth is broken or discolored, a crown is used as a covering for your tooth. Ceramic, resin and gold crowns are the different types of crowns that are used to treat a patient. There are specific instances where you need to undergo this treatment,
- When you have a worn or discoloured teeth.
- If you’re teeth are heavily filled, the risk of fractures is on the higher rate. This may lead to the loss of your tooth structure as well. In such a situation, you will need to get a crown placed.
- If your tooth is having cracks or you feel sensitivity
- When you tooth goes missing or lost
- When you have problems after you’ve undergone a root canal treatment
When a missing or extracted tooth leaves a gap, a ceramic structure is used to fill in that space. This is called a dental bridge. A ceramic tooth is placed between 2 or more porcelain crowns on both sides of the missing tooth, that serve as anchors. The anchor teeth are shaped to accommodate the crowns, and then a bridge is fused securely over these teeth.
Miss Egammai is one of the best dentists in Chennai and her Pearl Dental is proving to be quite effective in terms of oral health.