Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry which corrects the alignment of a patient’s jaws and teeth. Orthodontists are very different from the regular dentists as they have specific roles to carry out. The field of Orthodontics requires an additional 3 years of education as it needs specialized skills. Now let’s look at the problems which needs Orthodontics,
- Spacing – This issue occurs when there are big gaps between your teeth
- Crowding – This issue arises when your teeth are fighting for space in your mouth.
- Underbite – This problem arises when your lower teeth sits out from your top teeth
- Overbite – This problem occurs when your upper teeth sits out from your lower teeth
- Open Bite – Misaligned Jaw
Orthodontic treatments can be done at any age and helps in keeping your teeth structure in the right position. It offers different ways to align your teeth and give you an amazing smile. Before, the metal fixed braces were the only option but now there are several teeth straightening treatments like invisible braces, metal braces, ceramic braces and lingual braces. One of the best clinics in Chennai which specializes in Orthodontics is Pearl Dental.